.htaccess And .htpasswd_protect

ckrudelux

I need some help I just moved my page to a webhosting service and if I have my .htaccess file in the directory the page don't show up and I get an error. There is an .htpasswd_protect file all ready but not in the same folder as the page is in.

Is it a 500 error? That would mean your .htaccess file has errors (e.g. uses a module such as mod_rewrite not installed on host server).

Is it a 500 error? That would mean your .htaccess file has errors (e.g. uses a module such as mod_rewrite not installed on host server).
Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@equmeniasvenstavik.se and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.More information about this error may be available in the server error log.Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) PHP/5.2.11 Server at www.equmeniasvenstavik.se Port 80
Edit:500 error / my htaccess file worked on my own server.

Maybe your host doesn't allow you to change the max upload size? But yes, just comment out things until it works :)

Archived