Making Blocks

Frieling

This is really a matter for HTML and CSS. Understand that, and you'll know how PHP can be involved, if in fact it needs to be.So I'm picturing a vertical zone of blocks on the left side of your page, and some sort of content filling up the area to the right of this zone, as in the idealized diagram below. Is that it?

*************************************************************					*									 **  ****************  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  ****************  *									 **					*									 **  ****************  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  ****************  *									 **					*									 **  ****************  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  *			  *  *									 **  ****************  *									 **					*									 *************************************************************

The following should get you there:CSS

div.left {	float: left;	background-color: #ccc;	width: 110px;	height: 320px;}div.right {		background-color: #aaf;	height: 320px;}div.left div {	margin: 5px;	background-color: #faa;	width: 100px;	height: 100px;}

HTML

<div class="left">	<div>Box 1</div>	<div>Box 2</div>	<div>Box 3</div></div><div class="right">	Content area.</div>

That is extactly how i was thinking it, and i can just convert that HTML to PHP correct
I have no idea. I think of most documents as having PHP embedded inside HTML. In that sense, the HTML does not need to be converted. But your app may be different. Like, if you're creating the "boxes" and their content on the fly, in a looping structure, then yes, some conversion will happen.
I was also thinking that i might needed a function to display them.
Beats me. :) Again, it depends on your app. I have apps that process HTML in places (sometimes extensively) and apps that really don't.Try something out. If it works, it works.

Archived