Profile Links Echoing

ChidoriSoul

Hey! I am trying to create a view_profile system, and I am having a bit of trouble making where it says:view_profile.php?id=1I need to figure out how to make the ending where it shows the information based on the user information on the link.Can anyone help me?

view_profile.php?id=1on the view_profile.phpif($_GET['id']){$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `id` = '$_GET[id]'");$array = mysql_fetch_array($query);print "$array['username']";}else{print "No such user.";}does this solve your problem?

IT does, but I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/www/pokemonplanet.awardspace.info/view_profile.php on line 12

Line 12 is : Print "$array['name']";

Oh, well, on the view_profile.php page, you can use the querystring var to select the user's record from the database, and displays the information:

$id = (int) $_GET['id'];$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE id = $id");$user = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);echo "<h1>{$user['name']}</h1>";echo "<p>This user is {$user['age']} years old.</p>";///etc.

Archived