The Chameleon Soundscape

MrFish

Some band asked me to code their website. I'm just about completed but I want to know what you people think. The graphics aren't final, he's hired a painter to do the background and I was going to redo the colors and button to match. The obviously hasn't been "released" (if you want to call it that) so the news isn't anything important.http://chameleonsoundscape.com/I'm pretty sure I got all the bugs out but I don't think the shoutbox works in Internet Explorer (it added the information to the database but the shoutbox didn't update until the cache was cleared :S).

In AOL/IE7 it doesn't display correctly, and in FF it does, but...I don't understand the site. I don't feel like I know where anything is, or how to use it, or what I'm doing. It...doesn't work for me, I'm afraid.

Haha, well I know IE7 has some problems with the registration. What else is wrong with it?And there isn't exactly anything you're supposed to get from it. There isn't any news or shows or anything to be displayed right now. I think it will make more sense when you can plainly see it's a band website.

But..It's only a front page that really hasn't anything to do with that band now?Besides that, I don't really like the grey footer bar. Maybe put the footer in the container en then add some space under the footer?

Can't post a screenshot from where I am, but all I see is a big blue screen with "Hello world" in one corner. FF 3.5 on Win7 RC1.Edit: Also, in IE6, I get redirected to Google, for some reason??

Make sure to sanitize user input correctly, e.g. using htmlspecialchars() for XSS and mysql_real_escape_string() for SQL injection.

Make sure to sanitize user input correctly, e.g. using htmlspecialchars() for XSS and mysql_real_escape_string() for SQL injection.
I'm using mysql_real_escape_string() and strip_tags(). What does htmlspecialchars() do?

htmlspecialchars converts HTML special characters (e.g. <, > and ") into their entities (e.g. <, > and "). That way, when people enter tags, they appear in plain instead of being stripped, and otherwise-invalid characters (e.g. the ampersand) are also escaped. So with htmlspecialchars() if someone wanted to illustrate a named anchor in the shoutbox, <a id="test">Anchor</a>, their entry would be displayed correctly instead of being stripped.

Archived