Image + Text Swap On Mouseover Kickin' My *** In Cs3

Guest CalypsoArt

Guest CalypsoArt

Pardon my ignorance, this is my first post and I hope this is the correct forum.Many years ago I built a website using an old version of Dreamweaver, a template I was given, and a whole lot of cut and past of html code. However, I noticed that on some computers it did not display properly. I had mavens on a Dreamweaver newsgroup check it and they condescendingly told me that it was messed up and I should trash it and start from scratch. Eventually, I got CS3 and intended to learn it and redo the site. Time became a problem and CS3 was harder than I thought. I shelved the idea--until now. I am takeing the process seriously and have my books out, a subscription on Lynda.com for CS3, reading lots of 3w.schools.com, and a whole lot of time put in. Still, I feel like I'm losing. I understand simple HTML code, and can figure out what things do when I make changes. Still, I'm having a lot of trouble. Here is my current problem that I've been working on for days:If you go to my site http://www.calypsotheatrical.com/. In the menu bar at left, the text color changes on mouseovers. In the final item "more links" the tiny arrow to the left also changes. (They all did at one point but I lost that function somehow) Also, If you notice the links on the menu bar use the gray text color and turn white on mouseover while the gray arrow turns yellow. In my original template properties page, the links are set to a yellow but are overided in this menu area. In my new page, (intended to become the new template) any time I assign a link the text turns the color spec-ed on the properties page. This is where I am so far: http://www.calypsotheatrical.com/ct09/ct09_03_test.html You will notice that the text links in the bar at the bottom have all turned yellow though I want them to be the color of the left side menu.What I would like to achieve on all menu items is what is currently working on the “More Links” in the initial page listed above. i.e. On mousover of either the arrow image or text to the right, both the text and arrow change color while giving access to the link within. I understand that the arrow is an image swap in JS and I was able to achieve that in CS3. However, I am unable to tie that to a change in text color on mouseover and I’m unable to get the text to not default to the page properties link colors. From my readings, I believe this is tied to id and class properties but I’m not sure how.I'd appreciate any help as I've spent days trying to solve this. thanks

if you read about HTML links, and CSS anchor pseudo-classes, you will probably find what you are looking for. specifically the a:hover pseudo class, I believe.and then you would probably want to use classes so you can apply it to the elements you want.

Archived