Deny User 2nd Similar Form Enrty

joecool308

So I want to stop my potential website users from entering similar information twice. An example would be like if a person filled out my form and used RED CAR AUTOMATIC and then tried to re-enter the info a second time as RED SPORTS CAR WITH AUTO TRANSMISSION. These are similar in topic and I need to block the second entry since the second one is blatantly the same thing.I don't need a full blown explanation but at least some direction - like what functions I should be using and/or a simple idea of a script to get me in the right direction. Anybody?

Hmm, it would be quite complicated to get a computer to understand "RED CAR" and "RED SPORTS CAR", and even more so "AUTOMATIC" and "WITH AUTO TRANSMISSION", to be the same things (it may be "blantant" for a human, but it's not so for a computer!). Perhaps after you've done a few years tertiary study on linguistics, computer science and AI...You could try to do something with logical similarity, but then, I could enter "BURGUNDY VEHICLE NOT MANUAL"...

Archived