Php Restricted Acces

DanH42

I'm selling a product that includes some files, and I would like to be able to sell the files as a standalone product as well. Is there a way that I could redirect customers to a page that would allow them to download the files once they have completed their checkout, but the page would be restricted to everyone else? The checkout process is handled by another site, so I can't change that part.Sorry if this is a little vague, but I'm not even exactly sure that this is possible. Even a small nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Does the checkout procedure provide you with anything like a receipt number? Or does the cudtomer get a receipt?Use the receipt number as a download confirmation code. Only one download per receipt.

You would be able to restrict every visitor on the page (or the contents, but its basically the same), if you had the piece of information that simply tells whether the checkout has been completed. If you could be more specific about that, it would be more clear.When you have that value, you'll only need a secure loginsystem, so that a customer can by identified without the possibility of fraud. The page on which you supply the download for the product, might be secured as simple as a conditional statement that checks whether this value permits it before it shows the download link. But you should also make sure the customer is verified on a more secure basis than login, as well as its download action, to prevent illegal download.Actually this securing is more complex if it involves payment.

Archived