Refreshing A Page

Xero

Hello. I have one issue here. I searched on the Internet and only found another topic with the same problem I have, without a solution:

Hi,I've searched hi and low but haven't been able to find any discussion on this topic:I have a webpage (implemented in php/javascript/html) that needs to refresh once every minute. I'm currently doing that using the http-equiv="refresh" content="60" metatag thing.The problem is that every once in a while the page fails to load for one reason or another (this happens about 3-5 times per day), at which point the "Page cannot be found" page is displayed. When that happens, the refresh instruction is lost and the page stops refreshing until someone notices the problem and manually refreshes the page.It's very important for this page to be able to automatically recover from this situation without human intervention. Is there any way, using javascript or otherwise, to make this happen?Any creative ideas would be greatly appreciated.
This describes exactly my problem. Does anyone know how to solve it?Thank you :)

Well, you could use setTimeout() from javascript. Is that available?

<script type="text/javascript">		setTimeout("window.location.reload()", 5000);</script>

That (should) reload the page 5 seconds after loading, every time it loads.

Archived