Resizing Image With Php. Please Help.

tomahawk

Hey guys, I have built a photo gallery using flex builder 3. I am allowing a user to upload photos to be displayed in the photo album. The user needs to upload an image that is 680 x 480. Currently I have php adding this photo to a folder. What I need to do is use php to perform two more tasks. I would like the php to take that photo and scale it down to a thumbnail image that I need for the photogallery. The thumbnail image needs to be 70 x 70. Therefore, the php has to scale down the image from 680 x 480 to 70 x 70 and then its only a matter of me having php save a new image as the thumbnail into that folder.Any help is much appreciated.Thanks.

I've got a function that does just that, this is the function:

function resize_image($opts){  $src = isset($opts['source']) ? $opts['source'] : '';  $dest = isset($opts['dest']) ? $opts['dest'] : '';  $w = isset($opts['w']) ? intval($opts['w']) : 0;  $h = isset($opts['h']) ? intval($opts['h']) : 0;    if ($src == '')  {	return;  }  if ($w == 0 && $h == 0)  {	return;  }  if ($dest == '')	$dest = $src; // resize in place  // open the image  $ext = strtolower(array_pop(explode('.', $src)));  switch ($ext)  {	case 'jpg':	case 'jpeg':	  $i = imagecreatefromjpeg($src);	break;	case 'gif':	  $i = imagecreatefromgif($src);	break;	case 'png':	  $i = imagecreatefrompng($src);	break;	default:	  return;  }  $new_w = imagesx($i);  $new_h = imagesy($i);  if (($w != 0 && $new_w < $w && $h == 0) ||	  ($w == 0 && $h != 0 && $new_h < $h) ||	  ($w != 0 && $new_w < $w && $h != 0 && $new_h < $h))  {	// image is small enough	if ($dest != $src)	  copy($src, $dest);	return;  }  // determine new size  if ($w != 0 && $new_w > $w)  {	$new_h = ($w / $new_w) * $new_h;	$new_w = $w;  }  if ($h != 0 && $new_h > $h)  {	$new_w = ($h / $new_h) * $new_w;	$new_h = $h;  }    // resize  $new = imagecreatetruecolor($new_w, $new_h);  imagecopyresampled($new, $i, 0, 0, 0, 0, $new_w, $new_h, imagesx($i), imagesy($i));  imagedestroy($i);  // save the image  switch ($ext)  {	case 'jpg':	case 'jpeg':	  imagejpeg($new, $dest);	break;	case 'gif':	  imagegif($new, $dest);	break;	case 'png':	  imagepng($new, $dest);	break;  }  imagedestroy($new);}

You would use it like this:

resize_image(array(  'source' => '/path/to/source.jpg',  'dest' => '/path/to/thumb.jpg',  'w' => 70,  'h' => 70));

That will only resize smaller, not larger. It will also resize in proportion, if you start with an image that's 700x100 it will resize it to 70x10, not 70x70.

Archived