Fire Off .exe On Remote Machine

lugos

Hello,C# newbie here. I am running an executable on a remote machine with the following code:

Process remoteProcess = new Process();ProcessStartInfo remoteProcessStartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo();remoteProcessStartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;remoteProcessStartInfo.ErrorDialog = false;remoteProcessStartInfo.RedirectStandardError = false;remoteProcessStartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = false;remoteProcessStartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;remoteProcessStartInfo.FileName = "\\\\<remote_machine>\\winnt\\NOTEPAD.EXE";remoteProcess.StartInfo = remoteProcessStartInfo;remoteProcess.Start();remoteProcess.WaitForExit();remoteProcess.Dispose();

This accomplishes part of what I want to do. However, what I am seeing is that notepad is opening up on my local machine. It almost looks like it's downloading an instance of the notepad exe and running it locally. What I am looking to do is run it on the remote machine and have it open up there.Any assistance/direction would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Hello,C# newbie here. I am running an executable on a remote machine with the following code:
Process remoteProcess = new Process();ProcessStartInfo remoteProcessStartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo();remoteProcessStartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;remoteProcessStartInfo.ErrorDialog = false;remoteProcessStartInfo.RedirectStandardError = false;remoteProcessStartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = false;remoteProcessStartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;remoteProcessStartInfo.FileName = "\\\\<remote_machine>\\winnt\\NOTEPAD.EXE";remoteProcess.StartInfo = remoteProcessStartInfo;remoteProcess.Start();remoteProcess.WaitForExit();remoteProcess.Dispose();

This accomplishes part of what I want to do. However, what I am seeing is that notepad is opening up on my local machine. It almost looks like it's downloading an instance of the notepad exe and running it locally. What I am looking to do is run it on the remote machine and have it open up there.Any assistance/direction would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

I found that this isn't possible. But I may be able accomplish my goal by creating a scheduled task for the executable and then start it through my application.Thanks.

Archived