Link To Subdirectory Not Working

ready2drum

I've tried to create a hyperlink to a sub-folder using Dreamweaver 8, for a .php web page, but have been unsuccessful. Everytime the link is clicked, it opens up the existing document in that subfolder.

<a href="\\csvg003file3\GROUP\Safety\Security"

Any suggestions on how to get the link to only open up the folder to display the contents is much appreciated.Thanks!

If the folder has a default document the web server will return that instead of a folder listing.
I had created a temporary document which doesn't need to be in the subfolder, so I can delete it out...I had intended on setting up the link that only certain users could access the folder and eventually store their documents in it. I wasn't sure if the link would actually work without specifying a filename in the path.

A web server can be configured to display a folder listing for a certain folder if the folder doesn't contain a default document (such as index.html). I don't know if that's how your server is configured, but it is possible to configure a server to do that. You could also have a PHP script which shows the folder listing.

Archived