Flash Games Copyright?

pilp4

Hello, I have been looking around for an answer to this question but have found no answer. Is there anything wrong with hosting and displaying somebody else's flash game. I'm NOT talking about hacking it and removing the ads or anything either, just the normal flash game. In my opinion this would be a good thing because the game gets more publicity, the ads are still show and everyone still gets paid. yeah? But many people like to store the .swfs on their own server instead of hotlinking to other peoples servers, so does this mean that if the game does not have a sitelock than it can be downloaded and stored on another server? This seems like a win win situation to me as long as people don't hack the game and remove ads? but i'm not a lawyer. Every single flash game site in the world COULD ask permission to every flash game designer just to make sure they allow the game on their site, but that would be a hassle to everybody and that doesn't seem to be the standard now. To repeat the main question "Is there anything wrong with hosting and displaying somebody eles flash game without permission"?-Thanks and sorry for the long post.

You should always ask permission.If you're gaining something from somebody else's work, the least you could do is ask permission. If they made the file to only work on their domain, it's even more likely that they didn't want other people using it without permission.All the legit Flash game site owner do ask permission to every last Flash developer.It's copyright infringement if you don't get permission, and it's punishable by the law.

Edited by Ingolme