Simple Php Project

houssam_ballout

Hello all,First of all, sorry for posting it here, cause I am not being able to start a new topic in the php section!Well, I am newbie in php & building small web applications; I need you to guide me in my project:I want to create a web-based application that will allow admin & special users to upload JPGS, Gif, Zip, rar & pdf.Is there anyway that I can allow users to only upload these kind of files.Then allow front-end users (registered users) to download the files, when they click on the file, they are prompted to download the file.And guests to view only the filenames. (so there must be sessions & cookies for user login)Any guide is appreciated!Thanks

there are probably lots of resources online to show you how to create logins and cookies with PHP. I'm the sure the same goes for an upload feature that checks for the file extension of a file before it is uploaded. I'm surprised you could post here but not in the php forum....

well, i Had finished the section where I can upload files to directories & to database;2 questions now:1- I had made the file to be uploaded to the folder & insert its info. into database, should I insert it into database also (the file itself)?2- I had made a page to allow users to view list of files, I want to let the users to sort via file types, & no of rows per page!Any Suggestion!Thx

Archived