Php Editing Html Without Coding....?

Guest aaron1

Hi, I am trying to make a layout editor. I want my users to not code anything. I want to handle the coding. I just want a gui for the users to easily drag and drop stuff on the page to create their page layout. I know I can use javascript for that and store the css values in a css file. upon the user registering with my website. I plan to automatically generate their own html and css file for their own public profile page. Inside the html and css would be default values. I want the editor to allow to change those values if the user edited them. the problem is that I don't know how you can use php to load in a css and html file and then know what each line consitis and be able to either delete or add new code. I mean you know in html you have the <html></html> tags how could php know exactly where those tags are located so if you need to add new code you would put it in front of </html> tag. So the problem here is just manipulating the html and css files to add and delete stuff. any idea?

It is maybe an idea to learn something about javascript and DOM. It allows you to change whole tables,div's and every tag that you can imagine on a page. When the user has made a layout, you can use php to store the settings in a database. I don't think that there is a good and simple way to edit a css file with php without letting the user fill in the actual CSS.