Form

services

I'll admit this might be a CSS thing, but as far as I can recall from the class I took it was either HTML or XHTML.I'm creating a page with a form. The submit button for the form should, of course, submit the information the user has entered. However, I don't want to have the form use a user's default mail client (like Outlook or such), since I know several users who won't have one set up.I would swear on it that there is a way, through X/HTML (or as I said, maybe css) that allows you to pass POP3 information and have the form use a programmer-specified email client.Am I completely off here, or is anyone familiar with that?

I'll admit this might be a CSS thing, but as far as I can recall from the class I took it was either HTML or XHTML.I'm creating a page with a form. The submit button for the form should, of course, submit the information the user has entered. However, I don't want to have the form use a user's default mail client (like Outlook or such), since I know several users who won't have one set up.I would swear on it that there is a way, through X/HTML (or as I said, maybe css) that allows you to pass POP3 information and have the form use a programmer-specified email client.Am I completely off here, or is anyone familiar with that?

Hi Services,I doubt that it would be CSS as they only coontrol how elements of a page are formatted/displayed.If you are talking about something like an email form then this is usually handled with server side scripting (php, asp, etc.) and would use the server's (your) email program.In PHP for example you would submit the information from your form
<form action="your_php_page_with_mail_function.php" method="post">...[your fields (lets say "subject" "address" and "content") and submit button]...</form>

to a mail handling script page containing the mail() function

...mail($address, $subject, $content)...  

This will send an email to $address with the subject line $subject, and content as $content. (Where $ denotes a variable)Obviously you need to have a server with PHP installed as well as a mail program such as Sendmail.I hope this helps. :)

Thanks very much for the reply, I appreciate the time. But, I'm pretty sure it wasn't server-side, it was just client side. Now granted, my memory might be off as this was a little while ago, but I'd swear on dear ol' Aunt Petunia that it was so...

Thanks very much for the reply, I appreciate the time. But, I'm pretty sure it wasn't server-side, it was just client side. Now granted, my memory might be off as this was a little while ago, but I'd swear on dear ol' Aunt Petunia that it was so...

Well lets hope you are right ... for poor ol' Aunt petunias sake. lolPlease, post your solution here if you find it. Sounds interesting. (still certain it isn't CSS though - hope that helps narrow your search)