Sign in to follow this  
justinbriggs1

Pointer Will Not Show On Flash Banner

Hey everyone, I am having a problem getting the pointer to turn into a cursor when I mouseover a flash banner inside an anchor. Here is the code I am using:<div style="margin:0 auto 0 auto;width:972px;height:65px;"> <a href="http://www.summerforkids.com/pages.php?pageid=9"> <object style="visibility: visible;cursor:pointer;" id="effect266490" data="http://www.effectgenerator.com/1.0.7/EffectMovie.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="972" height="65"><param value="opaque" name="wmode"><param value="#ffffcc" name="bgcolor"><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"><param value="id=266490&hostname=www.summerforkids.com" name="flashvars"></object> </a></div>It just gives me the regular cursor when I mouseover. Any idea why? Thanks,JW

The Flash object is a plug-in. When the mouse goes over it, it's as if the mouse was leaving the browser and entering another application. The browser has no control over what happend inside Flash.

The Flash object is a plug-in. When the mouse goes over it, it's as if the mouse was leaving the browser and entering another application. The browser has no control over what happend inside Flash.
Thanks. Do you know if there is any way to overlay a div on top of it, or is that a topic for another forum?

Thanks. Do you know if there is any way to overlay a div on top of it, or is that a topic for another forum?
Usually you can't place anything ontop of embedded content.I'm not sure about the following solution since I didn't actually test it, but possibly adding this to the object will allow things to go in front of it:<param name="wmode" value="transparent">The problem with that is that the flash object will not detect any mouseover or clicks because the <div> element is in front of it.You're probably better off giving instructions to the mouse from the Flash application itself.