Some Comments About W3schools Html Tutorial.

atar.yosef

Hello there!!! Now I am in the middle of the reading of your GREAT HTML Tutorial and I would like to report you about some uncleared articles in this tutorial. At the "more examples" section at almost the bottom of the page, there are some uncleared and "undetailed" articles, as following: 1) you didn't specified as requierd how to make an image map that display the image coordinates, you only wrote the code who cause this action to be, but didn't specified how it is work. 2) Also, you didn't specified as required how to create an image with clickable areas, also here, you again wrote only the code who make this, but didn't specified at all, how the code generate this result. 3) and, at last, at the section of the "HTML formatting", all the different "computers tags" are seems exactly one and the same!!except individuals of them like the <var> tag and <dfn> tag. I hope you will fix the needs to be improved and notify me on the changes you have did. Before ending I must emphasize that when I referred to W3schools mail at their Help section in their homepage, thet didn't response me at all!!!

Note on point 3, while the different "computer output" tags' default styling may be identical, they all have different meanings, and therefore in the context of semantics each are different and should only be used in the right context.I suppose they want you to think about how the imagemap works yourself :)

If you are trying the map here here, the coordinates appear in the status bar at the bottom of your window. The status bar is the area that displays the URLs of links when you mouse over them. A status bar can be disabled in most browsers. If yours is disabled, you might want to turn it on for this demonstration.Most image editors, like Photoshop, will also display coordinates when you mouse over an image.I have never written to the site owners, but I have read here that they respond very slowly, and sometimes not at all. Remember that the W3Schools is a free site. It would be kind for the owners to respond, but they have no obligation, and I am sure they get more mail than they can handle.

oh!!Very thanks you DD about your help!!! :):)but I think you didn't understand my meaning.Notice that I didn't ask why the browser don't display the coordinates, instead, I asked from the tutorial author to explain how the code that he wrote, cause to the browser to behave like that.

If you are trying the map here here, the coordinates appear in the status bar at the bottom of your window. The status bar is the area that displays the URLs of links when you mouse over them. A status bar can be disabled in most browsers. If yours is disabled, you might want to turn it on for this demonstration.Most image editors, like Photoshop, will also display coordinates when you mouse over an image.I have never written to the site owners, but I have read here that they respond very slowly, and sometimes not at all. Remember that the W3Schools is a free site. It would be kind for the owners to respond, but they have no obligation, and I am sure they get more mail than they can handle.

Hi Synook!!!Don't forget that w3schools declared theiself that their tutorials are intended to beginners who don't have a background about the complicated HTML Tags..... :):)

Note on point 3, while the different "computer output" tags' default styling may be identical, they all have different meanings, and therefore in the context of semantics each are different and should only be used in the right context.I suppose they want you to think about how the imagemap works yourself :)

Archived