Akward Whitespace

Hemlock

Good evening,I have this akward whitespace issue @ http://hemlock.dhportal.net/oldskool/news.html , which I cannot seem to solve, I have tried numberous fail attempts on setting all padding and margin to 0 of the consearning classes and ID's.the whitespace is sittuated under and above the images that are supposed to connect to the content that lies between them.Any ideas?Regards

I see you are using the image tag instead of putting a div and setting a background for it. Try setting your image margin/padding to 0.

The <p> and <h1> elements have margins that are being applied to the outer container. To prevent it, you can add overflow: auto; to the .newsContent class.
Isn't overflow simply used for a scrollbar? I tried applying it, however it doesn't work, and from what I can see, I am not using any margin to the paragraphs or headers, just padding, but those apply to the left and right.I guess ill go with the regular DIV use and use them as a background image. Edited by Hemlock

Isn't overflow simply used for a scrollbar? I tried applying it, however it doesn't work, and from what I can see, I am not using any margin to the paragraphs or headers, just padding, but those apply to the left and right.I guess ill go with the regular DIV use and use them as a background image.
overflow is used for that, but it is also used to confine the document flow within a container.<p> and <h1> elements have margins by default.

overflow is used for that, but it is also used to confine the document flow within a container.<p> and <h1> elements have margins by default.
Well I did state them to be on 0 at the start off my stylesheet, they are working proper now with the divs as containers.