Pass The Selected Value To A Post Variable

yangkai9999

Hello,I can use the following PHP code to retrive values as a pull donw list.I tried to pass the selected value to a post variable, like $p_id. But it doesn't work.How to do that?Thank you, echo "Please choose a patient for update:  ";echo "<select id='num' Onchange='changeLocation(this)' >";echo "<option selected>";$i=0;$query="SELECT p_id from mytest.p2 order by P_ID;";$results = mysql_query($query) or die('no such table exist ' . mysql_error());;while ($row=mysql_fetch_row($results)){ if ($i == 0) { $i++; echo "<option value='./mytest2/update2.php?p_id=$row[0]'>$row[0] </option>"; }else { echo "<option value='./mytest2/update2.php?p_id=$row[0]'>$row[0]</option>"; echo "$row[0]"; }}echo "</select>";$row=$p_id;echo $p_id;++$i;

Give the select box a name, that name will be used for the key in the $_POST array.
or this one:echo "<select id='num' Onchange='changeLocation(this)' name=getid>";echo "<option selected >";$i=0;$query="SELECT p_id from mytest.p2 order by P_ID;";$results = mysql_query($query) or die('no such table exist ' . mysql_error());;while ($row=mysql_fetch_row($results)){ if ($i == 0) { $i++; echo "<option value='./mytest2/update2.php?p_id=$row[0]'>$row[0] </option>"; }else { echo "<option value='./mytest2/update2.php?p_id=$row[0]'>$row[0]</option>"; echo "$row[0]"; }}echo "</select>";++$i;$p_id=$_post[getid];echo $p_id;

I'm talking about subitting a form normally. If you have a select box like this:<form method="post"><select name="var"><option value="1">one</option></select><input type="submit"></form>If you select that option and submit the form, $_POST['var'] will contain "1".If you're trying to redirect to the URL in the option value, then the code you have should work, but the value is not going to be in $_POST, it's going to be in $_GET. $_GET['p_id'] should contain the value of a querystring variable called p_id.

I'm talking about subitting a form normally. If you have a select box like this:<form method="post"><select name="var"><option value="1">one</option></select><input type="submit"></form>If you select that option and submit the form, $_POST['var'] will contain "1".If you're trying to redirect to the URL in the option value, then the code you have should work, but the value is not going to be in $_POST, it's going to be in $_GET. $_GET['p_id'] should contain the value of a querystring variable called p_id.
Thanks a lot. This is very detail instruction and very useful.Thanks again.