Using Php For Form Behaviors

joecool308

I don't know Javascript and I was wondering if I could use PHP instead to do my idea. I want to have a FORM with images instead of radio buttons. Like WANT or SELL and instead of having two radio buttons (want and sell) instead have them be two images like want could be be a guitar and sell could be an amplifier. After clicking one of the two images, a check mark replaces the image showing that you have selected that radio (image). And like wise, if you click on the other pic, the original picture comes back and the other is now a check mark. Any ideas?Thanks in advance - Joe

mmmmmmmm.....yes....I can't seem to find a way around it. This is one of those cases where it seems the more I learn, the more I want to have control - do I really have to learn javascript too! AHHH!

justsomeguy:Hey ya you mean like having a Onclick event for the IMAGE which basically <a href's> another page. I don't think I'd like that becasue lets just say the form has more fields which need information, but the user first clicks on the IMAGE and then forgets to enter something else in one of the other fields - that would look and act odd I think. The image would ultimately be a form <submit> . It just seems an odd way and not very professional way of doing things.

Well it depends how you implement it, but forms that use Javascript are typically more user-friendly and usable. You could have the click handlers check to make sure everything is filled out, or show/hide additional fields, etc. You can make it do whatever you want it to do.

Again though.....javascript. Not my forte, but I guess I'll look into it. Thank you