Acronym Tag

george

That should work just fine in any browser. And in fact it was easy enough to test, so I tried it in Firefox and it does work fine.Mousing over ANY element with a title attribute should make the title text appear. What makes the <acronym> special is the presentation, which is predefined for you. In Firefox this means a dotted underline. The title mechanism is the same everywhere.Perhaps you have some other style going on? Like, if the text you showed us is embedded in some other element that has CSS rules of some kind?

the text you showed us is embedded in some other element that has CSS rules of some kind
Yes, CSS and JS for curvy corners. All code except the curveycorners.js is here. In Firefox, I get the underline, but the text does not appear.

I wish there was a way to have the whole page load before displaying it. Curvey corners draws the corners after the box is displayed. And the box has to be in the DOM before it can draw the corners. So, that's another problem. I have considered just letting that be, or going back to using images for my corners.

Oh, boy. That curvy corners thing is a pretty dense chunk of compressed code. No way I'm going to reverse engineer that thing. :)But it's probably the source of your problem. Nothing in your HTML or CSS is messing with the acronym tag. I think the bigger problem is that your code is layering some sort of transparent div over your content div. It doesn't register mouseovers of any kind, doesn't change the cursor, and you can't select text. Looking at what curvy corners does to your DOM, I'm not surprised. It must add a hundred or more div elements to your page to create that effect.Here's the good news. New versions of Firefox and Safari support CSS radius properties, which create curves in just a few simple statements. So the obvious solution is to use the CSS technique (it'll be ignored by browsers that don't understand it), and then embed your curvy corners code in some IE conditional statements. That will make it so it runs only in IE, where apparently it works as you expect it to.(Personally, I would never use code that hijacks my DOM so extensively, but that's me.)

Archived