Create A Login And Password Page

podarum

Hi, I want to insert a section on my website that allows pre-selected customers (with given id/passwds in advance) to enter only by a password and id and then give that user access to secured information such as bureau data and analysis. First of all, I have no idea where to start and need a stepping stone. Secondly, do I need a secured https, and I already use MySQL for my current data, but will I need it for this data and how do I incorporate it on a id/password portion of the site. Thanks in advance..

Well, I'm not a real PHP expert or something, but I made something like this before.I think you could start out with a $_POST form, where users fill in their id+pass.Then a PHP page will log them in and put some id in the database that is bound to a cookie of some sort indicating the login.Then you could use include on a php function to check on every page if this is the user that is logged in, so noone else can see the data you're posting after their login is confirmed.I don't know if this is a secure/easy protection, this is just how I've done it.Gr.Villermen

Archived