The Form Action Attribute

atar.yosef

Hello to all the fellows!!!I need your help for the followed problem:In W3schools.com HTML tutorial, the tutor teach how to send an Email via the form.But the problem is that the information that you fill in the form (like your name, mail and comment),is not tranferred to the Email program, so that you need to refill again the information.Please refer to this page in order to understand what I spoke about.WAITING FOR YOUR HELP!!

This example is a little more complete. But be aware that MAILTO: is pretty lame. Not everyone has their browser configured for a mailto: to open up the correct mailer/site. You are much better off communicating with a mail program on your server.http://www.w3schools.com/htmL/tryit.asp?fi...tryhtml_mailto2

This example is a little more complete. But be aware that MAILTO: is pretty lame. Not everyone has their browser configured for a mailto: to open up the correct mailer/site. You are much better off communicating with a mail program on your server.http://www.w3schools.com/htmL/tryit.asp?fi...tryhtml_mailto2
Thank you about your relationship.I know that your example work, but I want to know how to do the same via the "email form" as I wrote at my first post. :)

Part of the problem is that all browsers do not forward information to the email program the same way. Also, not all email programs handle the information in the same way. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing a mailto: link is good for is opening up your visitor's mail program and inserting the address. You just can't count on it for anything more.That is why PHP has built-in functions for sending email, and why many internet hosts have email scripts pre-installed for you. You build your form in HTML, and you put the address of the pre-installed script in the form's action attribute. The script will need a few very small configurations, such as your return address. Other than that, they are very easy to use.I recommend that technique over mailto:

Part of the problem is that all browsers do not forward information to the email program the same way. Also, not all email programs handle the information in the same way. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing a mailto: link is good for is opening up your visitor's mail program and inserting the address. You just can't count on it for anything more.That is why PHP has built-in functions for sending email, and why many internet hosts have email scripts pre-installed for you. You build your form in HTML, and you put the address of the pre-installed script in the form's action attribute. The script will need a few very small configurations, such as your return address. Other than that, they are very easy to use.I recommend that technique over mailto:
Oh!!!, Deirdre's Dad, a lot of thanks you about your kind and detailed answer, I just like answers like this one!!!! :):wub::) :) :) :) ;)

Archived