Menu Hidden By Body Div

dave@bones.co.za

I have a menu in a fixed position div to simulate a frame set...the balance of the page is in a fake body div and when scrolled down the page the dropdown of the menu is being hidden. I have the z-index set to be higher in the static than the body but this is still not helping. Any ideas?I have put a test page to illustrate this...http://www.webconstruct.co.za/test/menutest.aspAny help appreciated.Dave

I have a menu in a fixed position div to simulate a frame set...the balance of the page is in a fake body div and when scrolled down the page the dropdown of the menu is being hidden. I have the z-index set to be higher in the static than the body but this is still not helping. Any ideas?I have put a test page to illustrate this...http://www.webconstruct.co.za/test/menutest.aspAny help appreciated.Dave
(should this be in the css section?)I could be wrong but it might be something to do with the way you're defining your styles. Pretty certain that style="z-index:1" isn't doing a great deal.Instead of using <div id="name"> try using <div style="name"> and then define it in your CSS as div.name { }.If you still need the id for other things (ie, getElementById calls in JS) then add that too.Being me I'd probably just put the menu in a frameset as it's easy, fast & well supported, but I'm guessing you want the dropdowns to overlap other body.

(should this be in the css section?)I could be wrong but it might be something to do with the way you're defining your styles. Pretty certain that style="z-index:1" isn't doing a great deal.Instead of using <div id="name"> try using <div style="name"> and then define it in your CSS as div.name { }.If you still need the id for other things (ie, getElementById calls in JS) then add that too.Being me I'd probably just put the menu in a frameset as it's easy, fast & well supported, but I'm guessing you want the dropdowns to overlap other body.
no, his CSS declarations look OK. You can use class or id to reference styles.

you should reconsider your choice of using Tables, javascript controlled menus, and use unordered listing instead.anyway! the problem seems to relate to the submenus being positioned absolute instead of fixed, by using #ace1i2, #ace1i3{position:fixed!important; top: 32px!important;}the submenus display as they should, instead of moving down, out of the container, and then being hidden

• 2 weeks later...

Archived