Need Help With A Positioning Problem

justinbriggs1

Hey everyone, I have been trying to position some navigation arrows on my site for hours now, but I can't seem to figure out how I can get it to work. The problem is that the arrows will have to be positioned outside of the normal page containers, and I didn't realize how difficult this could be. If someone would like to check it out and maybe give me some feedback it would be very much appreciated. Here is the page in question, a single article page:http://www.lesflaneurs.com/wordpress/?p=171And I need to have the arrows on each side of the photo as shown here:http://www.lesflaneurs.com/example.pngPretty simple two column layout, but I can't figure out how to get those arrows in there!Thanks,JW

well, for the left arrow, you could put it in the div with the picture and then pad all the other elements with some padding-left to offset them enough so that it gives the appearance that the left arrow is outside the page. You may need to increase the width of the page.For the right arrow, maybe putting it after the picture in the same div and float it right?You may need to add some padding-top to push them down so they vertically align where you want them. As far as the left arrow, I think it would look better being within the page, not looking like it's on the outside.

well, for the left arrow, you could put it in the div with the picture and then pad all the other elements with some padding-left to offset them enough so that it gives the appearance that the left arrow is outside the page. You may need to increase the width of the page.For the right arrow, maybe putting it after the picture in the same div and float it right?You may need to add some padding-top to push them down so they vertically align where you want them. As far as the left arrow, I think it would look better being within the page, not looking like it's on the outside.
That's pretty much what I had in mind, but I didn't want to reposition that many elements just to get those arrows in there. Looks like that might be the way it has to be though, thanks.JW

Archived