Redirect From An Unsuccessful Login

podarum

I know you guys know this... but, I have a login box on my main page and in Dremweaver you can specify if it is a successful login then go to page ABC.php and if unsuccessful then go to page DEF.php.. but instead of a page DEF.php, I just want a quick pop up box saying the login credentials were unsuccessful.. I'm having problems wiht this pop up box... Thanks

For the code below instead of re-directing it to the ContactUs.php page.. I want a popup box .

$MM_redirectLoginSuccess = "ProfileForm2.php";  $MM_redirectLoginFailed = "ContactUs.php";  $MM_redirecttoReferrer = false;

an I'd like to insert somehing like

<script>alert('Your username and/or password does not match our records. Please try again.')</script>

instead of "ContactUs.php"

It sounds like you're using somebody else's software for this.I'd send the login data with AJAX and check the result, if it was successful I would redirect and if it failed I would show the popup window.

All you've shown us is this:

$MM_redirectLoginSuccess = "ProfileForm2.php";  $MM_redirectLoginFailed = "ContactUs.php";  $MM_redirecttoReferrer = false;

These are just variables. The rest of the software is what's actually doing the redirecting. Since you don't seem to know how the software is redirecting the page I was assuming it was because somebody else made it for you.As for making a popup box appear, you can send the login data with AJAX. If the server sends a success message, redirect with window.location. If the server sends an error message, make Javascript create the popup box you wanted.See:W3Schools AJAX tutorialW3Schools PHP / MySQL tutorial

Thanks Ingolme... see that's my problem I have no idea on how to do that.. I mean I have inserted a popup box wiht an error message but that is located on a separate page... for example if you go to my site www.risksolutions.ca and on the right hand side, you insert an wrong username and password (try it), you get a popup box, but with another page as well, and I don;t want that page... You'll see what I mean.

Archived