Forms Problem

codyhp

I'm a noob at HTML and I have a slight problem with frames. I want two frames one set at 10% and the other 90%. I get the text that I entered on the 10% side of the frame but no text on the 90% side. I'm trying to make a navagation bar for my site so if you have any other recommendations on how I can make a navagation bar please let me know.

show us your code for setting up the frames. And as for a better way, I like to just use tables. Most people like to use css and divs... and using simple php to store your layout in one file is always good.

Hi codyhp;I personnaly use frames as it makes things easier with lots of pages, admittedly you could use a SSI with your list of pages for navigation and put that in to a cell on a table, but I like frames because they don't scroll with the rest of the page. This is the code I use:-

<frameset cols="181,*" onload="popup()"><frame noresize="noresize" src="menu/menu.php" border="0" framespacing="0" frameborder="0" name="menu" />	<frameset rows="125,*">  <frame noresize="noresize" src="head.php" border="0" framespacing="0" frameborder="0" name="head" />  <frame noresize="noresize" src="finstat.php?size=2" frameborder="0" name="showframe" /><noframes><body>Your borowser unfortunatly does not support frames!</body></noframes></frameset>

It diplays 3 frames, one all the way down the left for navigation, another at the top with logo and name etc. and then the content window.Admittedly it does restrict the very oldest of browsers.But you can choose which you want.