Float:left Element Inside The Li Had An Issue In Ie Browser

thangaman

Hi, I'm having issue when I set float:left element inside LI in IE. There is a tnode(div,p,span) followed by link. ---Detailed: If the list (<li>) contains two (or more) block-level elements, the first element with float:left, the next block-level elements are placed below the floated element instead of next to it. -------------- Code is below: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> <HTML> <HEAD> <style type="text/css"> ul { list-style:none; } .nc a { display:inline-block; float:left; } </style> </HEAD> <BODY> <ul> <li class="li"> <div class="nc"><a href="">1. Test 01</a><div>Vol 01</div></div> </li> <li class="li"> <div class="nc"><a href="">2. Test 02</a><div>Vol 02</div></div> </li> </ul> </BODY> </HTML> Kindly help me to resolve this issue. Thanks Thangaman

Thank you dsonesuk for your quick response.But I can't use any style for the inner div as it set by user (tnode).and also I cant set float:left for first div.nc.<li><div class="nc"><a href="#"></a><div>Test</div></div></li>I would like to upload the exact requirement img, Kindly help me to insert the local image into this forum.

Archived