Page Specific Styles... Stylesheet Question

Guest JezSalis

Guest JezSalis

Rather than spending any more hours in front of the screen, I thought I'd make contact with the world with my rather basic and embarassing query. If anyone out there has the time and patience to help, I'd really appreciate it.I recently downloaded a CSS template which I am trying to adapt for the purposes of our website. I created some basic HTML websites many, many years ago at the beginning of the decade, and I am feeling out of my depth already just as I'm getting back into it. After completing a few tutorials and reading some basic manuals, I realise I have a massive learning gap.My basic issues is summarised belowpage 1 and page 3 menu with boxed unnumbered bulletin points, fixed width of 190pxpage 2 I want to change the dimensions of the boxed bulletin points on this page only to 690pxHere is the current code on my Stylesheet

#menu1 a { border-top: 1px solid rgb(237, 237, 237);	border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(181, 181, 181);	padding: 15px 0px;	display: block;	background-color: rgb(217, 217, 217);	text-align: center;	text-decoration: none;	text-transform: uppercase;	font-weight: bold;	color: rgb(128, 128, 128);	width: 190px;	}

#Can someone help me with the specific class code to enter below on my Page 2? How can I arm this page with the class code so I can go back and add the page specific styles in the stylesheet?

<div id="colOne"><div id="menu1"><ul>  <ul>	<li style="width: 196px;" id="menu-01"><a href="#">INDIANHEADMASSAGE</a></li>  </ul>  <li id="menu-02"><a href="#">KANSA VATKI FOOTMASSAGE</a></li>  <li id="menu-03"><a href="#">FACIALS</a></li>  <li id="menu-04"><a href="#">NATURAL FACELIFTMASSAGE</a></li>  <li id="menu-05"><a href="#">REIKI</a></li></ul>

If anyone can help me with this rather basic query, I'd really appreciate it.Best,Jez

To make the menu use boxes as bulletin points, use list-style-type: square;in your stylesheet. It should already be sticking to the 190px width because you've specified that. To change the width on one of the pages, you will need to include either a separate stylesheet on that page, or inline styles changing what needs to be changed. Remember to put style declarations in order - the later they come down the page, the greater authority they have (in most circumstances). It seems a bit much to increase the width of the menu by 500px. Are you trying to change it from a vertical to horizontal menu? If so, that isn't really the way. There is no need to add any new classes - I'm not convinced you even need as many ids as you have!