Ajax Suggestion Tutorial On W3schools

I-R-Fool

<?phpheader("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");header("Cache-Control: no-cache");$a[]="Anna";$a[]="Brittany";$a[]="Cinderella";$a[]="Diana";$a[]="Eva";$a[]="Fiona";$a[]="Gunda";$a[]="Hege";$a[]="Inga";$a[]="Johanna";$a[]="Kitty";$a[]="Linda";$a[]="Nina";$a[]="Ophelia";$a[]="Petunia";$a[]="Amanda";$a[]="Raquel";$a[]="Cindy";$a[]="Doris";$a[]="Eve";$a[]="Evita";$a[]="Sunniva";$a[]="Tove";$a[]="Unni";$a[]="Violet";$a[]="Liza";$a[]="Elizabeth";$a[]="Ellen";$a[]="Wenche";$a[]="Vicky";$q = $_GET['q'];if(strlen($q) > 0) {	$hint = "";	for($i=0; $i<count($a); $i++) {				if(strtolower($q) == strtolower(substr($a[$i], 0, strlen($q)))) {						if($hint == "") {								$hint = $a[$i];							} else {							$hint = $hint.", ".$a[$i];						}					}			}}if($hint == "") {	$response = "No Suggestion Found";	} else {		$resposne = $hint;	}echo $response;?>

I tested your code. I cannot see anything that would cause the error you mentioned. I did notice a typing error here:$resposne = $hint;When I correct it, your code works fine.And there are many places where the PHP uses bad practices, but they shouldn't cause an error. I realize you are copying the code from the school's page, so I am not criticizing you.

I tested your code. I cannot see anything that would cause the error you mentioned. I did notice a typing error here:$resposne = $hint;When I correct it, your code works fine.And there are many places where the PHP uses bad practices, but they shouldn't cause an error. I realize you are copying the code from the school's page, so I am not criticizing you.
Yea, I fixed that too. It was my mistake. I didn't c/p it. I just wrote it over. I'm quite good at php, but I found it would be faster to rewrite it then to code it myself.

Archived