CSS Scrollable content include question

FantomOptik

I have a scrollable content area on my site.Here is the code:

<div style="width:136px;height:150px;text-align:left;overflow:auto;padding:0px"><p><a class="nav" href="annualconvention.htm" title="The TIA 2006 Annual Convention and Trade Show">TIA 2006 Convention</a></p><p><a class="nav" href="3plu.htm" title="Temperature Control Transport">Temperature Control Transport<br>May 15, 2006</a></p><p><a class="nav" href="3plu.htm" title="Partnership Selling in the Supply Chain">Partnership Selling in the Supply Chain<br>March 27, 2006</a></p><p><a class="nav" href="#" title="3rd Party Law Seminar">3rd Party Law Seminar<br>April 5, 2006</a></p></div>

This site that I am building is going to have many, many pages. I would like to be able to have a simple call to an external html file for updating of scrollable content area (sort of like an include). I am clueless at this time as to if this is possible without resorting to Javascript.Is something like this even possible (keeping in mind that my width/height must remain as it currently is.Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

If you are wanting to dynamically change what content is being scrolled, then you would need some sort of scripting. If the content needs to be updated continuously while being viewed you need client-side scripting such as javascript.If you just need the content to be inserted when the page is sent to the user (and not changed again until they either reload the page or visit again), then you can use server side scripting such as php or asp.

Basically, it is a Calendar of Events section that will have the 3, 4, 5 etc. items that will hyperlink to a page. Those hyperlinks will be changed probably once a month. I was hoping that I could somehow reference an external file so that the client only has to update that external file, and not every single page that the scroller is on.

If you are wanting to dynamically change what content is being scrolled, then you would need some sort of scripting. If the content needs to be updated continuously while being viewed you need client-side scripting such as javascript.If you just need the content to be inserted when the page is sent to the user (and not changed again until they either reload the page or visit again), then you can use server side scripting such as php or asp.

Sounds like a perfect job for server-side scripting - you probably only need to make use of the include() function in php.If server-side scripting isn't available you could use Javascript, but server-side is a better match for this job...

Thanks for the information. I will spend some time looking at SSI's.Thanks again!!!

Sounds like a perfect job for server-side scripting - you probably only need to make use of the include() function in php.If server-side scripting isn't available you could use Javascript, but server-side is a better match for this job...