Collapse Menu

hoachen

I am trying to make the menu highlighted. The menu have is main_menu and submenu, when the user click on the main_menu it highlight or change color light hover that will change the color, then the user click on submenu it will open a new self page and the submenu just click will highlight as well. When the user click on other main_menu and submenu the previous menu will back to normal. I don't know how to implement on the below code. Will anyone can show me how to accomplish this? A bunch of thanks in advance!if (document.getElementById) { document.writeln('<style type="text/css"><!--') document.writeln('.main {text-decoration:none; color:black; cursor:hand; cursor:pointer; padding-top:5px;}') document.writeln('span:hover.mainLink {text-decoration:none; color:red}') document.writeln('.links {display:none; padding-left:18px; font-size:13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}') document.writeln('.link {text-decoration:none; color:black;font-size:13px;font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}') document.writeln('a:hover.link {text-decoration: underline; color: red}') document.writeln('//--></style>') }function openClose(theID) { if (document.getElementById(theID).style.display == "block") { document.getElementById(theID).style.display = "none"; document.getElementById("tick_"+theID).innerHTML = "+"; } else { document.getElementById(theID).style.display = "block"; document.getElementById("tick_"+theID).innerHTML = "-"; } }// --></script>HTML HERE <div onClick="openClose('a2')" class="main"><span id="tick_a2">+</span> <span class="mainLink"> Employees</span></div> <div id="a2" class="links"> <a href="http://www.sivamdesign.com/scripts/" class="link">Jobs Available</a><br /> <a href="http://javascript.internet.com/" class="link">How to Apply for Temp Jobs</a><br /> </div>

Hi, in your function you could just add the lines for the backgrounds as you already use it for change some style propertiesfunction openClose(theID){if (document.getElementById(theID).style.display == "block") {document.getElementById(theID).style.display = "none";document.getElementById("tick_"+theID).innerHTML = "+";document.getElementById(theID).className = "bgred"; }else {document.getElementById(theID).style.display = "block";document.getElementById("tick_"+theID).innerHTML = "-"; document.getElementById(theID).className = "bggreen";}}and in your css put.bgred{background-color: #FF0000;}.bggreen{background-color: #00FF00;}this is a pointer, i really, really believe this doesn't work as it is, but i hope this helps

Edited by alexnofue

thank you very much for taking time to look at my problem. I tried the script but it highlight the entire submenu instead of after clicking on the submenu link. Also, after click on the submenu link the submenu collapse. Is there a way to keep it open until the user click off the current main or submenu?Thanks again Cheer!