Drop Down Menu

mrkidd85

Hi everyone, I am in the process of designing a site with the help of MS Expression Web 2. I have designed the outline of the home page, which I will upload a screen shot of.I have 4 tab at the top of the page: Home, Services, Products and Contact. The contact tab, I want to expand into a drop down menu with 3 more options. However, I can't find any scripting online that shows how to do this. They only provide me with scripting to expand all the tabs and provide me with buttons, which I do not want to do. I simply want to keep the menu the same, without any buttons, and expand the contact tab. Does anybody have any idea how to do this? I will upload a screen shot with an example of what I would like to do.Thanks Danielscreenshot3mz.jpg

go there and find a drop-down that works and adjust the styling to what you already have.sorry, but I'm not going to do it for you.
I don't know how to do that. You need to take into consideration that not everybody knows how to do everything. When did I ask you to do it for me? An explanation how to do it is what I want.

Lighten up, please, mrkidd. You said you couldn't find scripting online, and jlhaslip pointed you to some resources online. CSSPlay is easily the best menu site on the web, and most people with nice menus learned how to do them there.Here's the thing: if all you have right now is a top menu, the drop-downs are not something you just plug in. The addition of drop-downs cannot be explained in the simple answer you seemed to want from jlhaslip, especially when you didn't post any of your existing code. We don't even know if your existing menu is based on CSS or JavaScript or just links in a table. So it's impossible to offer the correct information. Sending you to a site where you could learn on your own is a pretty wise move.As a matter of practicality, a drop-down menu is something you plan from the beginning. If what you have is not already dropping down, you're better off starting with new code than tweaking your existing stuff. That's just the way it goes with some things.The best way to get what you want is to look very closely at some code that does what you want, or something very close to what you want, and then copy it and adjust it to your application. CSSPlay has resources for that. (And if it's not clear by now, every experienced developer around here will probably recommend CSS menus over JavaScript menus, unless you want something really fancy.)The best way to get what you want on this board is to (1) explain your situation as thoroughly as possible (2) pay attention when someone with 2500 posts gives you an answer, and (3) not whine about it when the answer doesn't match your expectations. People really are here to help you. But you need to help us do that.

Archived