Comments Appreciated

Lynette

Hello Oracles I am a dedicated newbie. Have spent a couple of months working on this project. My learning curve is a line going straight up. Have had no one to bounce ideas off, and feel in the wilderness. I am a clinical Nutritionist looking to extend my earning potential. Free Summit starts 23rd Jan 2010. 39 days time. There seem to be many things I just can’t get my head around and some things that I would like to change. I recognize I could be in danger of running my non-success pattern – the perfectionist pattern. Never good enough to finish! I accidentally found a web site that analysed the header stuff for positioning, and the site failed dismally. I could use their code but had to insert their website code into mine. Felt a bit dubious about going this route, as I had no idea what I was linking to really. I really would appreciate guidance – on headers, meta tags and information that my site should have for optimal search engine placement, and of course any other comments that will enhance my earning potential without me spending megabucks.http://www.fatlosssummit.comWith thanksLyn

the first thing I would say is, please remove that JavaScript 'exit' code from the bottom of the html document. No one should have to click 'yes' twice to leave a web site.Secondly and probably more importantly, you are not using a DOCTYPE. Search DOCTYPE's on W3C schools. This is an absolutely necessary piece of code that will ensure your web page renders in standards mode, and will make the results more predictable.Then I suggest you get down to the copy. Remove the <br> tags and wrap the copy in <p></p> tags (the paragraph element).Once you're done there, start validating your html at http://validator.w3.org/. Reading the error messages you should be able to fix most of the issues. And finally you can start looking at the efficiency and elegance of your code

I hate those sorts of sites. Why do I want to read through loads and loads of potentially time-wasting material? Seems like spam to me.Slightly unrelated, but why is the site www.ebookslab.info/free-tutorials copying all the threads off this site, refactoring them, and presenting them as blog material??

• 4 weeks later...

May be to late, but the layout is uninviting. Unless this is meant for an adserver i think you should box up some of the content with divs and css styling.

Archived