Enable Javascript

pkelly

I can use some help. I am a beginner. The majority of my webpage is built around standard html and css. I have some minor javascripts including encrypted email and mouseover images. When in Internet Explorer, you cannot view the javascript unless you "Allow Blocked Content". I don't have this problem with other websites I view. How do I go around this and automatically run the javascript?I noticed several web pages run AC_RunActiveContent.js but I don't have any flash animation. What do I need to do to automatically run this javascipt, especially in internet explorer?Thanks

If you load a webpage locally IE will warn you; however, if you access the page from a server it will be fine.

If you load a webpage locally IE will warn you; however, if you access the page from a server it will be fine.
Just out of curiosity, why is it only local js. I would tend to think that local js would be safer. Or am I way off track with that one?

You can also add a mark of the web to the top of the page's HTML:<!-- saved from url=(0023)http://www.contoso.com/ -->IE wont give you that error message anymore, but unfortauntely it will go into quirks mode, and you'll probably want to remove the mark of the web from the page's HTML before uploading to a live website.More info on mark of the webhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms...Mark_of_the_Web

• 2 weeks later...

Personally. I'd recommend stopping using IE immediately. For debugging/coding i use Google Chrome. Which i think this the best over all browser. Or, use NetScape 8. but IE8 is my last recommendation, even AOL Browser on SAFE MODE is above IE8 for me.

Chrome doesn't have very good developer tools, the Firebug extension for Firefox is great for debugging, and IE8's built-in development tools are pretty decent also. Opera also has some debugging tools built-in.Also, for what it's worth, Netscape has been discontinued, they are no longer supporting old versions or developing new versions. The Netscape site recommends either Flock or Firefox as alternatives.edit: it looks like Google has improved Chrome's developer tools, my version isn't very current.

Chrome exposes the Webkit Inspector, same as Safari.The AOL browser is the same as IE7. Netscape 8 is just Firefox 1 with a custom skin.

Archived