How To Create A Delete Button?

laczfinador

Hello World!I am somewhat inexperienced in PHP and have stumbled upon a problem. I have a nice .php script that shows us the contents of a database table, one row per database entry. I wish to create an edit/delete button at the end of each row. I came up with a quick solution: why not use links and forward the variables with a query string to the edit/delete php script? Well, I figured, that this might not be the most secure option, because the href attribute is viewable by anyone... my question is: can anyone introduce me to some more sophisticated ways of achieveng this goal?Here is the code I am using:

require("mysql_connect.php");//This page is accessible through a search form.//If the user left the username field empty,//every user should be listed. There will be//an else statement where pattern matching is used...if($_GET['username']==""){	$sql="SELECT * FROM users";	$result=mysql_query($sql);}while($row=mysql_fetch_row($result)){echo $row[1]." - ".$row[2]."(".$row[3].")<br />";}echo "<a href=\"newuser.htm\">back</a>";

A link to the edit/delete script is fine, you can always check the user's permissions at the start of the linked script.

A link to the edit/delete script is fine, you can always check the user's permissions at the start of the linked script.
Can you tell me how to cheack for the login

$user = (isset($_SESSION['user'])) ? $_SESSION['user'] : "";// or whatever method you use to check if a user is logged inif ($user) {  // whatever you want to do here}

If you do have a permissions level, then you would have to query the database, retrieve it and pass it through an IF statement.

Archived