Favicon Won't Show

GPSJane

Anyone know about adding a favicon to a subfolder? I have a domain pointing to a folder on another domain and of course it should have it's own favicon. I've got a index.php file and have tried using <LINK rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico"> but to no avail.

Put the favicon inside the subfolder, if it is it's own domain it will act like it and the favicon will automatically link to all your pages inside that folder without the use of a meta link for it. If it's not showing up, make sure the file name is called favicon.ico and try clearing your cache.

Put the favicon inside the subfolder, if it is it's own domain it will act like it and the favicon will automatically link to all your pages inside that folder without the use of a meta link for it. If it's not showing up, make sure the file name is called favicon.ico and try clearing your cache.
Ok I have done both and neither work. It works when I access the folder directly though which means my html is correct and the file is there with the right name.Why would a linked domain to the same folder not display it correctly? I have linked it by the full address and path.

Why are you using URL cloaking anyway? You could always change the favicon of the frame-containing page, but if you don't have access to it you can't change the favicon.

Archived