Session Data Automatically Deleted When Browser Closed

son

I noticed that Firefox sometimes still holds data in cart when I open the browser one day later. Would session data not automatically be destroyed when the browser is closed? Is there a way to remedy the situation?Son

Session data will be deleted on browserclose. firefox uses a algorithm that remembers websites and puts in text like passwords and emails when it comes up to the same website and form.You have to use cookies to solve this problem. You can read more about it on the W3schools website.

It won't automatically restart the session, even if it still has the session cookie PHP has already deleted the session data on the server (unless you've set the session expire time way past the default). If it's finding information then you're probably already using a cookie, and it's finding the cookie you set. It doesn't matter if the browser still has the session cookie if it's already been deleted on the server though.

It won't automatically restart the session, even if it still has the session cookie PHP has already deleted the session data on the server (unless you've set the session expire time way past the default). If it's finding information then you're probably already using a cookie, and it's finding the cookie you set. It doesn't matter if the browser still has the session cookie if it's already been deleted on the server though.
I start each page with:
ob_start();// initialize a sessionsession_start();

and create sessioin data for cart with:

$_SESSION['cart'][$id]['qty'] = $qty2

as an example for quantity of shopping cart and

$_SESSION['user_id'] = $row['user_id'];

for user area. When cart contents get send, session data is unset viaunset($_SESSION['cart']);and when user logs out, session data is unset viaunset($_SESSION['user_id']);I do not use cookies....Son

If you unset the session then the server should not be restoring any state information. Make sure you aren't seeing a cached copy of the page.
As you are saying it. This might be the problem. SOme time ago had massive issues with cached pages. Even when hard-clearing the cache in Firefox and after even re-starting I still looked at cached pages... Would it be best to insert something at top of php page to prevent caching? What would you do?Son

You can send some headers if you want to tell the browser not to cache the page: header("Expires: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:00:00 GMT"); header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT"); header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0"); header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false); header("Pragma: no-cache");

You can send some headers if you want to tell the browser not to cache the page: header("Expires: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:00:00 GMT"); header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT"); header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0"); header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false); header("Pragma: no-cache");
Thanks for feedback...Son

Archived