Weird Problem With When I Add A Normal Div Tag To The Top Of A Div Block.

GPSJane

For some weird (and as yet unbeknown to me) reason when I changed all my H3 tags across my site to DIV tags my whole site broke!I changed

<?php include("includes/head.html"); ?> 			<?php include("includes/nav_bar.html"); ?> 			<?php include("includes/loc_menu.html"); ?> 						<DIV id="content">				<H3="title1">Location</H3>								<P>content goes here</P>											</DIV>						<?php include("includes/footer.html"); ?>

...with

<?php include("includes/head.html"); ?> 			<?php include("includes/nav_bar.html"); ?> 			<?php include("includes/loc_menu.html"); ?> 						<DIV id="content">				<DIV="title1">Location</DIV>								<P>content goes here</P>											</DIV>						<?php include("includes/footer.html"); ?>

CSS is

#content {width : 580px;margin : 0;padding : 0px 25px 35px 45px;float : left;background-color : white;text-align : left;color : #202020;border-style : none;}DIV.title1 {font-size : larger;line-height : 1.8;font-weight : bold;}

All I did was replace H3 with DIV. Aaargh!

Edited by GPSJane

<h> elements come with default padding or margins, depending on the browser. Try setting them both to 0 and then adjusting from there. <div> elements default to zero padding or margins, so the difference that could make might be big, especially vertically.Also: is this really the way this tag looks?<DIV="title1">Maybe you need a space and an id attribute in there?

Edited by Deirdre's Dad