Website For One Of My School's Clubs.

pizzaguy

I recently finished another website for a club at my school. It is, in my opinion one of my best designs, and it's also my first wordpress theme.http://yesiwouldlikefrieswiththat.com/test_blog/Comments, please?Also note, due to the server it's on, loading might be slow. And, the two links at the upper left side (text link and logo link) to the home page will not work due to a server configuration problem which I can not seem to fix (the links require a slash / at the end of the link for the directory, but wordpress isn't placing the final link in there)Finally, if you see anything that appears to be a display issue, please tell me your OS and Browser, as I am working quite hard to make it display on all browsers as fully as possible. :)

Looks very neat, but I've got a few suggestions:1. Maybe place the navigation in the top bar. Now it looks like it's part of the top post.2. Add an effect to the navigation for hovering. Makes it a little more 'alive'. Same for the calendar.3. More white space. This is probably the most important design item. It makes your website a lot more pleasant to view.Good luck!

You should make the page adapt to normal resolutions, such as 1024x768. I'm getting a horizontal scrollbar on your page because its width exceeds the width of my screen.

You should make the page adapt to normal resolutions, such as 1024x768. I'm getting a horizontal scrollbar on your page because its width exceeds the width of my screen.
Humm, I must have screwed up with padding somewhere, because the container is supposed to be 1024px wide :)

Humm, I must have screwed up with padding somewhere, because the container is supposed to be 1024px wide :)
When designing for 1024 screens, you need to make the page smaller. A lot of developers use 960px.But maybe rather than a fixed width you can make it a flexible page that adapts to any screen.

Looks very neat, but I've got a few suggestions:1. Maybe place the navigation in the top bar. Now it looks like it's part of the top post.2. Add an effect to the navigation for hovering. Makes it a little more 'alive'. Same for the calendar.3. More white space. This is probably the most important design item. It makes your website a lot more pleasant to view.Good luck!
With regards to number 1, I would like more opinions on that, because I rather liked it being connected to the first post.

Ok. The site should now fit to 960px, I added hover graphics on the menu and calendar, and I added a bit of padding below the logo (which was my interpretation of Yvil's #3 for white space. I'm not sure what else to do to improve that?)Also, with regards to making the page flexible, that's on my todo list, but right now, I just want to get it to a nice happy point so that I can actually get the final site up, and then I'll start adding improvements like that.

Archived