Need Help On My Portfolio Website

Caitlin-havener

chavener.comCould you view this website and tell me if it loads?Are the graphics layered on top of eachother?When you hover over the links do the animations work?Any advice (I'm fairly new at this)? AND when you scale the window too far in the graphics and text separate away from each other. How would I make them all stay at the same distance from one another in relation to the background picture? Could I program the browser window to stay one designated size?I REALLY appreciate the help guys!

Website loads (the links don't) and the graphics are positioned good (at least they look like they are on my screen). The animations SOMETIMES work, they don't always happen. I might get yelled at for this, since there is probably a better way, but what you might want to do is set the hover to an animated gif, and then use css :hover to activate that. I think some people will cringe at the thought of animated gif, but that suggestion was based on my personal preference against javascript. As for the positioning issue, it's because of how each element is placed (some based purely on position in html, others using css positioning).

Website loads (the links don't) and the graphics are positioned good (at least they look like they are on my screen). The animations SOMETIMES work, they don't always happen. I might get yelled at for this, since there is probably a better way, but what you might want to do is set the hover to an animated gif, and then use css :hover to activate that. I think some people will cringe at the thought of animated gif, but that suggestion was based on my personal preference against javascript. As for the positioning issue, it's because of how each element is placed (some based purely on position in html, others using css positioning).
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I haven't made pages for the links yet. Ha! Just started this project recently. I just checked my website on this ghetto laptop and it looks horrible! I am using positioning:relative on everything... SOMEONE PLEASE help me figure out how to get all the images to move in relation to one another!??

you could always try using padding and margins using percentages rather than absolute/relative positioning everywhere. And the using animated gif's isn't a bad idea, but of course there is the issue of transparency. Also, you should use a strict DTD, for optimal cross browser compatibility and consider using CSS for rollovers, as previously suggested.

Archived