Gamearsenal

MrFish

I'm trying to decide whether to use this template as the final or not. Of course, being it's the critique section, I could use some critiques. I want it to look professional. I think the panels are a little plain. But there is no inside style, so ignore that. There is an Auction House page under Market in the menu. You can view that page too but it's no where near finished.http://goldensub.gamearsenal.net/Feedback please!

looks good. the only thing I would recommend is delcaring a DTD (HTML Strict preferably) and then validate your code. Design looks good for a content based site.

Good start. I think as you've said though certain areas let it down a bit.. being too plain.Few suggestions:The panels would look better with the body styled, at the moment the text is right up to edge and looks kind o' squashed in.No banner or logo?Scroll bars [at least Windows'] look ugly within a page, perhaps switching that news feed with some static content would work better? Or even those statistics (with some more styling)? The news feed could then go somewhere else and take up whatever space it needs without adding in scroll bars.As I kind o' mentioned the stats look bare and completely lost where they are right now.Are you loading styles with JS or something? Because with it disabled certain styles don't appear to be working.For columned layouts like this I'd suggest justifying the text used in "panels" (text-align: justify;). Looks more solid.All I got for now.

The banner goes left of the stats but I haven't got one yet. Is there anyway I could style the scrollbars? I think vertical scrolling would look nice if the scrollbars were fixed. Also the panels will have styling depending on what information is loaded.And yes, half of the page is styled with javascript because half way through I discovered pseudo css. I learned css a long time ago and thought I covered it all but after going back I saw the pseudo, started reading, and realized that was the solution I was looking for. So I will go back later and translate the js styling to css. But as long as you have js enabled it should look right.

Looks decent did you check how it looks cross platform on browsershots?
Yes I have, I believe it's the same across all browsers.

Archived