Sign in to follow this  
gmz1023

Setcookie Header Already Sent

Hey guys. I've googled the ###### out of this error and still can't get it to work. i get this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/secregco/public_html/test/inc/functions.php:3) in /home1/secregco/public_html/test/login.php on line 24Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at test/inc/functions.php:3) in /test/login.php on line 25

whenever i try to log in to my site. it does send me to the correct page afterwords but the fact that i'm getting an error isn't good. (duh).this is the functions.php

<?php function redirect($parm,$title="") {?><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;url=<?php print($parm); ?>"><link href="assetts/misc.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><body bgcolor="#fff" text="#ffffff"><table id="please">  <tr>    <th>System Message</th>  </tr>  <tr>    <td> Please wait while we redirect you. </td>  </tr>  <?php }?></table>

this is the login.php

<?php require("inc/functions.php");if((!isset($_GET["user"])) && (!isset($_GET["pass"])) ){redirect("index.php"); exit;}$user=$_GET["user"];$pass=$_GET["pass"];$fp=fopen("inc/users.db","r");$userdata=array();$redirect="";while (($userdata = fgetcsv($fp, 1000, ",")) !== FALSE){if (($userdata[0]==$user) && ($userdata[1]==$pass)){ $redirect=$userdata[2]; }}fclose($fp);if ($redirect==""){redirect("index.php","Security Check : Fail");}else{setcookie("user",$user,time()+3600,"/"); setcookie("pass",$pass,time()+3600,"/");redirect($redirect,"index.php?hmb=wru");}exit;?><body><pre>User entered :<?php print ($user . "/" . $pass);  if ($redirect<>"") {print("OK -> ".$redirect); } else {print("KO -> index"); } for ($i=0;$i<count($userdata);$i++) {  print($userdata[0] . "|" . $userdata[1] . "|" . $userdata[2] . "\n" ); } ?></pre>

anyhelp would be appreciated.

Edited by gmz1023

This warning is a nice example of using php in the wrong order. You have to MAKE the website and proces query's first using php. In the ideal situation your last php outputs the entire website in one line