Question About Basic Xml

jftman

Hello everyone,This is my first post on the forum, I don't have much experience with xml but I have a question regarding syntax and possibilities.I'm editing a project which contains xml loaded in an flash project. The xml is used to display bullet text content and I would like to know if there is a way to display the year dynamically instead of going in many xml files to change the data every year. My question might need precision and lack information (as I'm only responsible for editing the xml content). Thanks for any help, this would be very handy for me.jft

You'll have to ask the Flash developer (or whoever you're giving your XML to) to define an element that you can use for that. They may then replace this element with a dynamically generated thing, such as a date. For example, if you current markup looks like:

<ul><li>Item 1</li><li>Item 2</li><li>Item 3, 08 January 2010</li></ul>

The Flash developer may define an element... let's say they decide to call it "currentDate", and you may then use it like so:

<ul><li>Item 1</li><li>Item 2</li><li>Item 3, <currentDate/></li></ul>

Ok, so we have to define that from flash so that it can be implemented in xml. I will have a discussion about it with a flash developer.Your input is very appreciated, Have a great day.jft

You'll have to ask the Flash developer (or whoever you're giving your XML to) to define an element that you can use for that. They may then replace this element with a dynamically generated thing, such as a date. For example, if you current markup looks like:
<ul><li>Item 1</li><li>Item 2</li><li>Item 3, 08 January 2010</li></ul>

The Flash developer may define an element... let's say they decide to call it "currentDate", and you may then use it like so:

<ul><li>Item 1</li><li>Item 2</li><li>Item 3, <currentDate/></li></ul>

Archived