Which To Use, Spry/javascript/flash?

littlelee

Hi everyone,I'm new to web building and to this forum so I apologise in advance...I am trying to build a web page that is static apart form the content section. For example, lets say I have 'press' 'video' 'biog' along the top navigation section, I would like the content to change when navigation text is clicked, preferably with a pulse/fade transition effect, but I don't want the whole page to reloadI can find sites that talk abut spry, javascript and flash being capable of doing this but I would really like some advice on which option you would consider the most effective and cross browser compatible.Any advice or tips would be appreciated..I've adapted javascript before but not used flash or spry...(this may be a bit ambitious for a beginner but if I don't try I'll never know!!)Many thanksLittlelee

Spry is just a Javascript library. It's probably better to use Javascript instead of Flash because Flash will require a plugin and Javascript is natively supported.
Thank you for the advice, how do I add the onclick function to text?I'm probably asking silly questions but like I said this is all very new to me!When I tried to apply spry it said I don't have a spry 'region' or 'data', I am completely lostthanks again.

You can add an onclick event to any element. If your text is inside a span or div element, then you can add an onclick event to that element. I'm not sure about the Spry errors, I haven't used Spry before. As far as I'm aware, in general Flash content does not get indexed by search engines.

Archived