Chrome Display Problem

Padraic

I was working on two sites and both of them have Chrome problems, perhaps the best thing is if i give the links to two pages which someone can open with IE, FF which render them perfectly but Chrome messes them up on me. In this one the tables are rendered differently.http://www.legionofmaryd7.com/allocutio.htmDoes Chrome have a problem with tables and div's? I notice also that if i put a link in a table cell beside a text only cell that the text cell gets pushed outside the border of the whole table!Html for first site:<table width="90%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="1" class="tableallo"><tr><td width="100%" colspan="3" class="head">2004</td></tr><tr><td class="colA">Month</td><td class="colA">Theme</td><td class="colA">Adobe file</td></tr><tr><td class="col1">August</td><td class="col2"><a href="august04.htm" target="_blank"> Heaven</a></td><td class="col3"><a href="august04.pdf" target="_blank">pdf</a></td></tr></table> table.tableallo { text-align:center; table-layout:auto; line-height:18px; width:80%; border-width:1px; border-style:ridge; border-color:#660000; font-weight:normal; font-family:arial; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; padding:0px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; display:block; } td.head { height:20px; background-image:url('blumenu2.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x; color:#ffffff; } td.colA { background-image:url('greymenu.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x; color:#0000ff; height:20px; } td.col1 { background-image:url('green.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x; color:#333333; height:20px; } td.col2 a { background-image:url('skybluemenu.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x; text-decoration:none; text-align:center; display:block; padding:0; color:#ffffff; height:20px; } td.col2 a:visited { background-image:url('vstdmenu.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x; text-decoration:none; color:#0000ff; height:20px; } td.col2 a:hover { background-image:url('sbluemenu2.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x; text-decoration:none; color:#0000ff; height:20px; } td.col3 a { background-image:url('redmenu.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x; text-decoration:none; text-align:center; display:block; padding:0; color:#0000ff; height:20px; } td.col3 a:visited { background-image:url('vstdmenu.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x; text-decoration:none; color:#0000ff; height:20px; } td.col3 a:hover { background-image:url('redmenu2.gif'); background-repeat:repeat-x; text-decoration:none; color:#0000ff; height:20px; }In this one the bottom of the page is messed up and the buttons for the link list is out of place.http://www.divinemercyconference.com/The base of this site was the same as the base of the above one until i added two side by side divs and Chrome messes up because of that.I know i don't fully get all of this stuff anyway but it is annoying when you get a site looking ok in one browser and discover that there are big problems with another one. Any help very much appreciated

although you have no HTML errors, the validator does list a number of CSS errors, perhaps that may have something to do with it. Another possible factor could be not using a Strict DTD.

Archived