Login System

claw2504

Morning guys,My website is almost complete (with some much appreciated help) now, with the exception of a login system. I need to create one that allows a user to enter there details on a log in page and then, depending on the username entered, have it redirect them to a specifc page.Is this possible and can anyone point me in the right direction.

Yes it is possible. At the login page you have check for the username using a IF statement, then use the header to redirect them to the correct page. Usually, if you are doing a lot of this, you want to use user levels, and redirect them using their user level.

if ($user == "Sam") {  header("location:SamPage.php");}if ($user == "John") {  header("loocation:JohnPage.php");}

I just reread the question. You also need a login system. You can use this login system for now. It has deprecated code in it, but will get you started and help you understand the basics on how a login system works. If anyone has a better example, then by all means.Login systems use sessions to keep track of who is logged in. It is accompined by a database, which has the usernames and passwords of members. A login system checks the data inputed by the user and compares it to the data in the database. If it matches, a session is set.PHP Sessions

Archived