Layout Problems, Please Help

topher100

Hi there,Just having a bit of problem with a website I'm building. I'm sure it's something very obvious as I'm not exactly pro at this. I'd really appreciate if someone can see where I'm going wrong.Here's my page so far http://www.brighton-solar.com/tempMy problem is that I have built the layout using tables and set the cell sizes using css. I have added a background image for each cell using css and the images are the same sizes as the cell that they sit in..... but... each cell appears to be a pixel or two larger than the image even though the values are identical. I have set my cell backgrounds bright red so this is very easy to see...Any ideas?? thanks in advance. Here's my css below

td.left {width:120px; background-image: url(images/slice2.jpg);background-repeat: no-repeat;}td.menu {width:193px;  background-image: url(images/slice3.jpg);background-repeat: no-repeat;}td.main_header	{width:503px; height:170px; background-image: url(images/slice4.jpg);background-repeat: no-repeat;}td.right {width:212px; background-image: url(images/slice5.jpg);background-repeat: no-repeat;}td.main {width:503px; background-image: url(images/slice7.jpg);background-repeat: no-repeat;}td.main_footer {width:503px; height:54px; background-image: url(images/slice8.gif);background-repeat: no-repeat;}

Archived