I need momre explanation on sql

steveaj

Please I am Steve Jacob. I read through the sql tutorial in the w3s website, but unlike other tutorials found there which are very much easy and self explanatory, sql is not as I thought it is, though the syntax is the simplest in all programming languages I've learnt but more explanation is still needed on it. How do we use the sql language in web development? How do we install an sql compiler (if it exist) or software we can use in writting sql language on our computers? You will see that in other tutorials found in w3school website, all those explanations are given but not with sql. Please I will be happy if somebody can help me out.If you want to have a personal contact with me, my email address is thenameofthelordistobepraised@yahoo.co.ukThank you all expecially those who are going to contribute to bail me out. If you feel there are other articles which will be of important help to me, please do refer me to them.Steve

sql is a language used to query databases. that is probably why the tutorial doesn't talk about a compiler or how to run it on your computeryou will need to install some database. Try MySQL. or if you want to go light... give a look at SQLiteIf you need to learn more sql, just search the web for sql tutorials/references.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I now have a strong conviction that I have people who can support me in becoming a webmaster in this forum. I was just studying the ADO tutorial and I have seen the various ways sql languages was used. I have studied ms access before and I am good in it. Now with the sql I have studied, the ms access which I have known before and ado that I am currently studying from the w3school website, I hope to become a proficient webmaster and I will always ask if I have another question. But the ADO tutorial answered some of my questions.Once again, thanks alot.Steve