Depreciated Tags

rainwater

Since the applet tag is depreciated, how do I put an applet on my site?

Here is my current html on one of my sites. I went to the link you provided, and I played with it for a bit, but could not get my current applet to work. I did it both in notepad and Dreamweaver. However, my Dreamweaver software is as ancient as I am.

<td align="center" valign="top" height="251">       <p><applet code="lake.class" width=292 height=250>       <param name="image" value="streamwolves1.gif">        </applet></p>

Please will you tell me how to correctly put it into the W3school code?I tried taking things out, replacing them with my needed .gif and lake.class, changing things, and could not get it to work.

<object classid="clsid:F08DF954-8592-11D1-B16A-00C0F0283628" id="Slider1" width="100" height="50">  <param name="BorderStyle" value="1" />  <param name="MousePointer" value="0" />  <param name="Enabled" value="1" />  <param name="Min" value="0" />  <param name="Max" value="10" />

</object>

Note that tags are deprecated, not depreciated (that's when the value of something goes down).

deprecated, not depreciated....Thank you for pointing that out to me. I don't always see words correctly, and when doing code, well, you can only imagine how difficult it is to get it right and be able so see where it is wrong. Thanks again.

http://mockus.us/optimum/JavaTutorial/must.../objecttag.htmlthis should help a little more. They have a decent example right at the top of the page.
Thank you very much for this link. I have read the information over, and have bookmarked it to use when I am ready for that part. Thanks again

Archived